We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the Cruise People Organization:
Our People team develops and supports the Cruise family: individuals who are doing the best work of their careers and shaping the future. As individuals passionate about employee experience, we work to deliver appropriate solutions for employees and contribute to our culture of safety. If you are looking for an opportunity to apply your knowledge of best-in-class programs and practices and contribute to the growth of the company, leadership, and the global team, this is the team to join.
The Employee Experience team is passionate about attracting, engaging with and retaining the best talent on the planet. To that end, Cruise is looking for a Manager of Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging to help increase our diversity, grow our ability to be inclusive, and foster a strong sense of belonging for each and every Cruiser. This role will report to the Head of Employee Experience to lead the implementation and growth of DI&B programs within the company. This role will also work closely with Cruise Community (Employee Resource) Groups, and local non-profit partners for the advancement of diversity issues. The successful candidate will be based in San Francisco, CA.
Day-to-day responsibilities Include:
- Lead company-wide DI&B programs and workshops
- Foster the growth of new and existing Cruise Community (Employee Resource) Groups by building collaborative relationships with allies, leads, and members
- Oversee budgeting for all aspects of DI&B programming at Cruise
- Partner with the People Analytics team to design and develop reports and dashboards to track and communicate key metrics
- Partner with the Communications and Marketing teams to build narratives around the work Cruise is doing in DI&B and help tell these stories through internal and external channels
- Partner with Recruiting to bring diverse candidates into Cruise by increasing top of funnel and mitigating for bias throughout the hiring process
- Identify and steward relationships with specialist vendors, organizations, and individuals in order to meet DI&B objectives
- Stay abreast of new trends in the industry and maintain up-to-date knowledge of DI&B as the trusted subject matter expert at Cruise
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of overall experience in building and scaling company-wide Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging programs
- Proven track-record for developing meaningful relationships and partnering effectively with diverse individuals and groups
- Experience developing strategic initiatives which align with business goals and budgets
- Strong analytical and data-driven decision making abilities
- Ability to lead effectively through influence at all levels
- Strong communication and persuasion skills
- Ability to successfully navigate ambiguity in a highly collaborative environment
- Proven track-record for working independently and driving towards aggressive deadlines
- Ability to create innovative outside of the box solutions
- Experience building and leading an agile team
- Fluent with Google Drive and MS Office
- Proficiency with Jira, Adobe, and Confluence
- Availability to occasionally work outside of normal business hours
- Willingness to travel domestically as needed
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.