We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
The Autonomous Vehicle (AV) software stack heavily relies on machine learning. Throughout the lifecycle of each machine learning model, skilled ML engineers work closely to design, build, train, and deploy machine learning models into our unique AV systems. In this position, you will work closely with machine learning engineers from different AV Engineering teams (e.g. Computer Vision, Prediction), covering different algorithms across the AV software stack. If you're interested in solving some of the most exciting machine learning problems in the industry, then chat with us!
- Research, design, and develop new machine learning solutions and algorithms.
- Drive high level algorithm decisions to ensure fast and accurate machine learning in a multitude of different applications
- Deploy scalable and robust software for executing ML inferences on the car
- Implement cutting edge machine learning techniques in object classification, labelling, pose estimation, and prediction
- Use real-time state estimation and context from surroundings to predict the motion of surrounding vehicles and pedestrians for use with vehicle path planning
- Work on data association, clustering, segmentation, filtering, and estimation
- Create unified back end architecture for solving multiple ML problems
- Build robust, reliable systems to handle common and uncommon situations on the road
- Become a subject matter expert in various parts of the AV stack
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- MS, or higher degree, in CS/CE/EE, or equivalent in industry experience
- 2+ years of experience in the field of machine learning
- Extensive experience with ML frameworks such as Tensorflow, Caffe, and PyTorch
- Experience with machine learning and classification
- Strong programming skills in Python or C++
- Excellent mathematical reasoning skills, especially with probability
- Passionate about self driving car technology and its impact on the world
- PhD in machine learning or computer science
- Experience with Hidden Markov Models (HMMs)
- Experience with ROS, OpenCV, Gazebo, or PCL
- Experience with CUDA
- Experience in deploying perception algorithms into real world environments
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness stipend
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.