We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
Day-to-day responsibilities Include:
- Develop and support implementation of EHS programs, procedures and training; drive Safety culture.
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, and local safety regulations, codes, and Cruise policies.
- Perform routine building inspections, prepare reports identifying corrective actions and work with space owners to resolve issues.
- Perform job/risk assessments, document and recommend hazard controls.
- Participate in injury/near miss investigations, identify root cause and implement corrective actions, prepare reports; track incident metrics.
- Coordinate haz waste management.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of training materials and conduct instructor led training as necessary; track EHS training for employees.
- Introduce EHS policies/procedures that are new for the organization.
- Coordinate ergonomic evaluations and ordering/delivery of ergo equipment.
- Respond in a timely manner to employee safety concerns or site emergencies.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 2 + years of experience in health, safety, and/or environmental, preferably with a mixture of work in office and manufacturing environment.
- Solid understanding of safe work practices and OSHA, DOT, EPA, ANSI, and other standards.
- Demonstrated ability to research specific compliance and regulatory requirements.
- OSHA 10 hour general industry training.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt easily to change.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multi-functional tasks.
- Developing and maintaining effective working relationships with cross functional groups, management, contractors, vendors, and outside agencies.
- Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis in Health and Safety or comparable field.
- Not required but a plus- ASP, CSP, CHHM, or other safety certification.
- Not required but a plus- Experience in performing ergonomic evaluations.
- Experience working in office and manufacturing environment.
- Be able to walk, bend, stoop, balance, crawl and reach for extended periods of time
- Must be able to utilize a computer and applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Drive.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work independently without direct supervision.
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.