Supplier Quality Engineer
San Francisco - Hardware - Full time
We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is looking for a Supplier Quality Engineer to help us build and implement a robust quality and evaluation program. This is a critical role that will closely interact with teams including Hardware Engineering, R&D Test, and Sensors. Additionally, this person will work closely with our OEM and critical suppliers. If you are passionate about hardware being built correctly and love solving tough problems, let’s talk!
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Evaluate our current testing and quality standards and help to build robust IQC, test and validation processes both internally and externally
- Collaborate with engineering and technician teams on root cause analysis of all issues
- Track all issues and develop reporting structure to effectively communicate status to all stakeholders
- Work with suppliers to develop corrective action plans and ensure they are implemented
- Lead supplier evaluation process including facility and process audits
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- BS in engineering or equivalent experience
- 5+ year’s relevant experience in a complex, high-volume manufacturing environment
- Experience working with overseas suppliers, preferably China based
- Experience with root cause analysis best practices
- Strong, data driven, statistical QC and QA skills.
- Experience with factory audits
- Ability to work across multiple teams and engineering disciplines
- Experience with automotive OEM or Tier 1
- Fluency in Mandarin
- Experience with data centers or other commercial compute hardware
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.