We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the Team
Our People team grows and develops the Cruise family. We find, hire, develop and support the people who are shaping the future. If you are looking for an opportunity to apply your knowledge of best-in-class Recruiting programs and practices, and contribute to the growth of the company, the leadership and the global team, we want to meet you.
The Recruiting team is passionate about attracting the best talent on the planet. To that end, Cruise is looking for an extraordinary, multi-faceted Recruiting Leader to lead all of Technical and Business Sourcing for the entire Recruiting team. Reporting to the Head of Recruiting, s/he can be based in San Francisco, CA or Seattle, WA responsible for building and feeding talent pools for our Engineering teams. We are looking for an authentic and data-driven leader who will partner closely with recruiting leadership to create and execute a forward-looking hiring plan that enables our company’s strategy and creates a competitive advantage to our key market competitors. S/he will lock arms with other critical stakeholders and be seen as a trusted adviser across the company.
- The ideal candidate will bring a robust deep business acumen for how technical talent delivers and grows business outcomes and quickly interpret Cruise's strategic direction, challenges, and opportunities into a full-scale technical recruiting strategy.
- This person must be a builder at heart, deeply passionate about technology, who can not only operate at the strategic level but also be hands-on in managing and guiding the team.
- Oversee recruiting sourcing strategy and execution for Cruise's critical Engineering teams, from university recruiting to Executive level and every level in between.
- Build and lead a best-in-class Tech Sourcing team and play an integral role in delivering top tech talent in a hyper-growth environment.
- Partner with recruiting leaders to understand Cruise's recruitment strategy and hiring goals, and build a sourcing strategy that complements our tech business, providing industry insight and competitive intelligence.
- Partner with our Data Analytics team to design and develop recruiting reports and dashboards to analyze, forecast, track and communicate key operational metrics to the business, while using metrics to drive operational excellence across the team.
- Stay abreast of new trends in the industry and marketplace and maintain up-to-date knowledge of recruiting issues related analytics and compliance relative to our recruiting efforts.
- Innovate hiring methodologies by identifying unique and non-traditional sources to find top talent.
- Develop Diversity sourcing strategies enabling us to diversity our Engineering organization.
Experience & Skills
- 15+ years of overall recruiting experience, with a minimum of 5 years managing teams. The majority of experience should be focused on technical recruiting - in a fast-growth technology company
- Experience in engineering university recruitment
- Experience in running an efficient Talent Sourcing function.
- Proven track record of developing people, leading and managing high-performing teams in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Consistent track record in driving efficiency in the use of technologies, process, and workflow
- Proven success partnering with leaders cross-functionally
- Proven comfort level and success in managing remote teams effectively
- Strong executive presence and ability to influence at the senior most levels
- Proven excellence in relationship building, consulting, negotiation skills both internally and externally
- Data-driven and results-oriented mindset that demonstrates critical thinking abilities and an analytical and quantitative approach
- Detail-oriented project management skills with the ability to multi-task and stay focused in a fast-paced environment that moves with a constant sense of urgency
- A leader who operates with focus, efficiency and heart
- Willingness to travel domestically as needed
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, dinner, and snacks
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.