Cruise is looking for a Head of People Technology & Workforce Analytics to lead and scale the teams responsible for implementing and managing all people systems and developing and delivering workforce analytics. This role will establish, plan, and drive People Technology and Workforce Analytics strategies aligned to our business goals and objectives.
Our mission is simple: create an environment where people can do the best work of their lives. The People Technology & Analytics Teams are responsible for identifying and implementing solutions that deliver an exceptional employee experience, support internal projects and initiatives, and providing on-demand data and analytics to drive decisions impacting our current and future workforce. As the next member of our People Operations team, your strategic planning and leadership will be integral to supporting our mission. You are experienced, ambitious and ready to take on the challenge of building a world-class people technology and analytics function.
This role reports into our Head of People Operations and is based in our San Francisco headquarters.
Day-to-day responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for building and leading a team of high-performing technology and analytics professionals charged with the overall delivery and management of people systems, applications, and workforce analytics.
- Establishes vision and strategy of people technology, applications and workforce analytics, in partnership with People Teams, Finance, Information Technology, and Engineering to develop near and long term solutions to meet the strategic goals of People and Cruise.
- Based on proven experience, provide thought leadership and direction to the People Data Analytics team on the development of innovative solutions for complex data modeling and the use of large-scale data platforms.
- Sets product strategy for people technology and application landscape (i.e., maintenance, support, and operational roadmap) and collaborates with key stakeholders to achieve cross functional goals, meeting business needs by designing integrated system platforms and solutions related to people management.
- Responsible for the delivery of people systems and analytics projects (on-time, on-budget, with high quality). Actively partners with leads across People and Cruise, to plan and schedule program deliverables, goals and milestones. Takes lead on communicating status, risks, and mitigation plans to leadership.
- Partners with Information Technology and other stakeholders to set direction for integration management, end-user troubleshooting, issue remediation, technology request assistance, escalation management, and security strategy and maintenance across the people technology landscape.
- Stays informed on current and future technology, application, and data needs and requirements to ensure compliance.
- Plans for and ensures appropriate change management and training needs are developed and delivered across the business to support user adoption.
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 10+ years of progressive experience in people systems and workforce analytics in a high growth environment.
- 7+ years experience leading and developing technology professionals capable of achieving aggressive business goals and objectives.
- Strong technical background and recent experience in business intelligence, data modeling, mining and profiling. Prior experience working with large-scale database platforms (RedShift, BigQuery, etc.)
- Strong understanding and/ or fluency in languages useful for statistics and/or data processing (e.g. Python, R, Scala). Proficiency with relational data modeling and SQL.
- Have scaled systems in a fast paced and changing environment and possess excellent project and time management skills, with the ability to meet tight deadlines. Ability to plan, establish and manage a budget.
- Prior experience implementing, managing and integrating people systems and data visualization tools (Greenhouse, Workday, CultureAmp/ Glint, Looker/ Tableau)
- You are excited to partner with people teams, information technology, engineering, and other stakeholders on both large, strategic data projects and small, routine requests.
- Strong working knowledge of data privacy laws.
- Possess the professional, interpersonal, and cultural skills to establish early and lasting trust, credibility, and rapport at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills are essential.
- Bachelor Degree and/ or Advanced Degree in a relevant field, required.
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page