We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test to help us improve the quality of products that enable the autonomous cars run safely and reliably.
In this position, you will collaborate with developers supporting our Mapping initiatives (Product Engineering, Mapping Engineering and core AV development teams) or our Ridesharing Platform projects. You will be embedded within the Product Engineering department and will also be working with SREs, the Autonomous Vehicle (AV) Quality Assurance team, Product Managers and the Support team.
If you're interested in impacting the quality of our innovative technology and consumer-facing products, let's chat!
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Developing continuous testing programs and debugging issues faced in continuous testing frameworks
- Supporting developers by automating tests and test cases for development features
- Finding and triaging bugs reported across the board for internal and external customers
- Reviewing features and identifying test gaps
- Constantly pushing for quality improvement in all of our products
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of development experience as a Software Development Engineer in Test
- Experience writing test automation for RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with microservices architecture (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experience deploying and maintaining Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery Pipelines (Jenkins, TeamCity, Spinnaker, CircleCI, etc)
- Familiarity with PostgresDB or similar databases and comfortable writing SQL queries
- Experience developing end-to-end test plans for product features
- Experience in startups and/or modern-day software engineering teams where developers and SDETs work together on features, and participate in design review
- Experience communicating with users, other technical teams and management to collect requirements, describe software product features and create technical designs
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Familiarity with the testing pyramid and able to make recommendations to developers around what testing methodologies are most appropriate (Unit vs. Integration vs. End-to-End)
- Experience decomposing monolithic architectures into microservices
- Experience deploying logging, monitoring, and alerting in order to maintain SLAs
- Experience with the Google Cloud Platform
- Experience testing Android and/or hardware
- Interest in autonomous technology
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.