We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test to help us improve the quality of products that enable the autonomous cars run safely and reliably.
In this position, you will collaborate with developers supporting our Mapping initiatives (Product Engineering, Mapping Engineering and core AV development teams) or our Ridesharing Platform projects. You will be embedded within the Product Engineering department and will also be working with SREs, the Autonomous Vehicle (AV) Quality Assurance team, Product Managers and the Support team.
If you're interested in impacting the quality of our innovative technology and consumer-facing products, let's chat!
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Developing continuous testing programs and debugging issues faced in continuous testing frameworks
- Supporting developers by automating tests and test cases for development features
- Finding and triaging bugs reported across the board for internal and external customers
- Reviewing features and identifying test gaps
- Constantly pushing for quality improvement in all of our products
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of development experience as a Software Development Engineer in Test
- Test Automation experience using any or all of the following scripting languages: Python, Node.JS, any UI automation framework, database scripting (Postgres or similar)
- Experience writing testing frameworks and automation tools for distributed systems
- Familiarity with the Agile process
- Experience developing end-to-end test plans for product features
- Experience working with containers (Docker)
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong desire to deliver an excellent customer experience
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full SDLC (including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations)
- Experience communicating with users, other technical teams and management to collect requirements, describe software product features and create technical designs
- Track record of building and maintaining excellent working relationships with peers
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Comfortable writing SQL queries to test data integrity
- Familiarity with REST Architecture, Micro-services, Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience working in a related technical integration capacity (i.e., build/integration engineer)
- Familiarity with Continuous Testing in Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery Release Pipelines
- Experience in startups and/or modern-day software engineering teams where developers and SDETs work together on features
- Experience testing Android and iOS apps
- Interest in autonomous technology
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.