We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
Cruise is looking for a Benefits Manager to lead and scale our benefit programs to ensure peak competitiveness in market. This role will be in our People Operations team and work alongside the rest of the People team.
Our mission is simple: create an environment where people can do their best work. The People Operations Team is responsible for building programs and processes that ensure seamless support of our rapidly growing organization. Our benefit programs aim to provide holistic wellness and peace of mind so that our employees can concentrate on what they do best. As the next member of our team, your work will be integral to supporting our mission. You are ambitious and ready to take on the challenge of building a world-class benefits function.
This role reports into our Leader of People Operations and is based in our San Francisco headquarters.
Day-to-day responsibilities Include:
- Lead and execute our global benefit and wellness programs, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance coverage; Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), commuter benefits, COBRA, and legislated leaves of absence
- Lead and execute our financial wellness plans, including the annual audits and reporting, which include 401(k) and Roth 401(k)
- Define and brand Cruise’s benefits philosophy and develop a strategic roadmap to scale our programming to support our growing population in partnership with our Employee Experience team and other centers of excellence in People
- Works with insurance brokers, Third Party Administrators (TPA’s) and plan carriers related to plan design, plan administration and compliance to applicable employment laws and regulatory administrative practices
- Lead the annual benefit renewal process and recommend go-forward approaches taking into consideration feedback from internal stakeholders, market research, and cost analysis
- Develop benefit related trainings and presentations and lead discussions with Cruise employees, stakeholders, executive team, etc.
- Ensure benefit information and policies are kept current on internal communications resources, and develop new communication materials, strategies and project plans to enhance employees’ understanding of benefits offerings
- Develop ways to streamline operational processes and day-to-day inquiries
- Ensure plan compliance with regulatory filings and updates, notices, ACA mandates, plan audits, non-discrimination testing, and employee benefit files
- Research competitive benefit trends and best practices and report out on findings to key stakeholders
- Partner with Finance and Sr. Manager, People Operations on the benefit budget and forecast
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 7+ years of benefits experience, with 5 years of managing the function including design, cost analysis, and implementation of tools and programming
- Prior experience building a benefits team and scaling the function to support rapid growth
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements in the US
- Ability to assess and action current programs for compliance
- Highly organized and self-sufficient with the ability to manage multiple high priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills to collaborate, develop partnerships and encourage trust of vendors, managers, and all employees
- Highly adaptable and solution-oriented; able to thrive amidst uncertainty and shifting priorities
- Bachelor Degree required
- Experience in a high-growth technology company
- Global benefits experience
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page