We're the driverless car company. We’re building the world’s best autonomous vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
Our vehicles are on the road in California, Arizona, and Michigan navigating some of the most challenging and unpredictable driving environments. We’re hiring people who want to solve some of today’s most complex engineering challenges and make a positive impact.
The Product Manager, Consumer Hardware will join our cross-functional in-car experience team in building standout experiences which reinvent transportation for riders. The Product Manager will identify, support, and execute on opportunities to use hardware to support and elevate digital and physical experiences in-vehicle.
- Define strategy, product roadmap, and feature specifications for a subset of hardware products and components based on long-term product vision, user needs, and technical and market trends
- Develop and advocate for the business case for consumer hardware features
- Effectively manage both short and long-term priorities across teams in a hybrid hardware software development environment
- Define and track success criteria and metrics for your in-vehicle consumer hardware product area
- Communicate across teams and outside agencies about team progress & needs
- Team with Engineering, Program Management and suppliers to develop timelines for product introduction. Track and report on project progress, proactively drive corrective action as needed
- Represent and evangelize your consumer hardware products internally
- Gather input and feedback from relevant stakeholders
- Collaborate with Engineering, Design, Commercialization, and various departments at General Motors
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful hardware product throughout its lifecycle
- Relentless focus on understanding, prioritizing, and solving user needs
- Ability to use quantitative and qualitative feedback to form insights that drive actions
- Ability to remain flexible and thrive in ambiguity
- Ability to identify and act on process improvements to enhance efficiency
- Ability to collaborate and communicate efficiently across teams
- Solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including matched 401k, medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Lunch, snacks, and dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.