About the role:
Our Infrastructure team is building a highly resilient, performant, and secure internal Platform as a Service which hosts our core backend services to control our fleet of vehicles, runs driving simulations at scale, and executes machine learning training jobs for our Autonomous Vehicle engineering team. We’re currently using AWS, GCP, Docker, Kubernetes, Vault, and Spinnaker, but we’re also interested in your experience and suggestions.
Cruise is looking for a Senior Platform Observability Engineer to drive our configuration management, build, deploy and monitoring platforms. You must be a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, agile environment – which means wearing many hats, being able to change direction quickly, and showing an eagerness to learn and introduce new technologies as the need arises. But most importantly – we need a leader that can prioritize, multi-task, and deliver because it’s a lot more fun to get things done.
In this position, you will work alongside our Infrastructure engineering teams to deliver a robust, reliable and scalable infrastructure that will support our development capabilities and vehicles on the road.
If you're interested in being a part of the new age of autonomous vehicles by leveraging GCP, Kubernetes and scaling micro-services, let's chat!
- Build systems to manage a variety of workloads
- Help with architecture, monitoring, tools & processes, production incidents, and Root Cause Analysis
- Support our PaaS (Platform as a Service) Kubernetes infrastructure running on Google Cloud Platform
- Analyze the architecture of existing systems and propose ideas for improving and optimizing the quality of these systems while reducing the number of problems
- Implement monitoring solutions to gain insight into application performance and understand emerging issues
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in Systems Engineering or DevOps engineering roles
- Experience with AWS, GCP or other cloud infrastructure providers
- Experience writing production software using Python, Go, Bash, or similar languages
- Experience with on-call rotation, both as a member and as someone who has improved the processes themselves
- Experience managing container-based workloads, using Kubernetes or other orchestration software
- Experience writing in Golang, Python, Node.js, Bash, or similar in a production environment
- Experience with continuous delivery and continuous deployment systems
- Experience with using GCP GKE or Amazon EKS specifically
- Strong internal tool development background
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.