Our People team grows and develops the Cruise family. We find, hire, develop and support the people who are shaping the future. If you are looking for an opportunity to apply your knowledge of best-in-class Total Rewards programs and practices, and contribute to the growth of the company, the leadership and the global team, we want to meet you.
The VP, Total Rewards will be responsible for developing and implementing industry leading and innovative compensation and benefits programs to ensure that Cruise continues to attract and retain the best talent in the world.
- Report to and work closely with the Chief People Officer to develop and deliver a competitive Compensation and Benefits pay for performance philosophy and programs across all levels of Cruise.
- Build and manage a Total Rewards team across compensation, benefits, recognition and wellness.
- Direct the strategic design, planning, implementation, communication and administration of the full range of compensation, benefits and wellness programs including: Base Pay, Incentives, Equity and healthcare benefits.
- Serve as a collaborative leader on the Global HR management team, driving compensation and benefits programs that align to our other people strategies.
- Act as key advisor on M&A activities as needed.
- Keep abreast of regulations that impact Rewards such as Sarbanes-Oxley, FLSA, Title VII, FAS 123R, SEC regulations, FMLA, IRS rules and regulations, ERISA, DOL, Pension Protection Act, Section 409A, Safe Harbor rules, etc.
- Continually evaluate and question the effectiveness of the Company's benefit, retirement, wellness and compensation programs and procedures to ensure that they support the Company's strategic business objectives and serve our demographics across Cruise offices.
- Lead the annual compensation planning cycles, providing expert counsel on the design, development, and administration of executive and employee compensation programs, salary structures, base salary adjustments, and short and long-term incentive plans.
- Provide insight, technical analysis, and policy support to achieve equitable and competitive compensation and benefit programs with particular experience within the technology industry with heavy engineering employee populations.
- Drive a strategy and plan to ensure pay equity across all demographics
- Oversee the development and execution of the communication plan to inform employees of the value of and modifications to the Company's benefits, compensation, retirement and related programs.
- Create innovative programs and processes in all three areas: Recognition, Benefits and Wellness, through partnership with outside entities and experts and a strong, creative internal team to create an effective and efficient delivery model.
- Ensure that appropriate benchmarking is completed and presented to Executive management on a timely basis.
- Focus on innovation, thinking “outside the box”, creativity and value-add to our teams.
- Contribute to and manage other corporate programs and projects, including preparation of the department budget. Partner closely with finance, legal, stock administration and other G&A functions.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the Executive team, Legal, General Motors, and the Finance team.
- 15+ years of hands-on experience in Compensation and Benefits with the last 5 to 10 years in a senior-level capacity in a publicly traded company or a division of a Fortune 500 company; additional experience in a start-up environment is a bonus.
- 8+ years experience developing innovative compensation, wellness and benefit plans, and working with the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors of a publicly traded company to gain agreement. In addition, he/she must be fully knowledgeable in the areas of compliance, transparency and the latest Sarbanes-Oxley legislation.
- Significant contributor and collaborator with the Senior People Leadership team.
- Demonstrated success in organizing a company for improved efficiency, while planning for the future management needs of a high growth, performance-based environment.
- Ability to influence C-level executives and Board Members.
- Exceptional quantitative and analytical capabilities.
- A high energy level, a hands-on management style, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Deep understanding of the levers of the business and proven leadership competencies in driving human resources in the context of the business as a member of the senior leadership team.
- Quantitative modeling and problem-solving skills to develop the framework for, and execute the research on, strategic or market competitive practices.
- Strong business acumen, financially astute, attention to detail and strong sense of logic will be critical to success in this role.
- Be an expert assessor of talent with a toolbox of successful techniques for the recruitment, development and retention.
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- Healthy lunch, dinner, and snacks
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.