We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the Role:
Cruise is looking for a top-notch opto-mechanical engineer to contribute to our world-class sensor programs to help our autonomous cars drive in the world around them. The ideal candidate would have experience with the design, analysis, development, and manufacturing of opto-mechanical and electro-optical systems.
Day-to-day responsibilities may include:
- Design and analysis of Opto-Mechanical systems, subsystems, and components for imaging and ranging optical sensor systems.
- Develop component, assembly, calibration, and test specifications and execute tests.
- Lead design verification and validation efforts.
- Define quality requirements and test criteria to produce components, assemblies, and systems.
- Develop, improve, and sustain reliable sensor testing processes through continuous integration, and automated testing.
- Evaluate and develop new and novel optoelectronic sensor technologies and their impact on system performance.
- Perform analysis as required to support fielded systems.
- Work closely with partners and suppliers to ensure timely, effective, sensor solutions.
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- BS, MS, or PhD in engineering, optics, science, or related field
- 3+ years of industry experience
- CAD experience (Solidworks, NX, CATIA, CREO, etc.)
- Experience with FEA packages (ANSYS, NASTRAN, etc.)
- Ability to understand complex technical systems
- Ability to adapt and operate under ambiguity
- Strong technical and nontechnical communication skills
- Ability to identify and act on opportunities to improve processes and increase efficiency
- Experience working with automotive OEMs, and Tier 1 and 2 suppliers.
- Experience with ADAS or ASIL systems.
- Experience across the product life cycle from concept through manufacturing and fielded systems.
- Experience with Code V, Zemax, Stray light analysis (Lighttools or Fred)
- Experience with tolerance analysis and statistical process controls
- Experience with analyzing data and developing tools in Matlab and Python.
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.