We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
Cruise is looking for a senior, highly-experienced Program Managers coordinating and delivering major business-critical programs, working cross-functionally across the company to translate business needs to actual deliverables.
- Assemble your cross-functional program leadership team; clarify roles & responsibilities, build trusted relationships with team members and all relevant stakeholders
- Guide team through refining requirements and setting program scope
- Working closely with company leaders and our Technical Program Managers, create and own master program milestones, cross-team integration points, overall schedule & execution plan; mentor and assist other program participants in creating plans for their respective areas
- Capture and track inter-team dependencies & hand-offs; monitor & help resolve issues
- Define program metrics & KPIs, set up mechanisms to track/report
- Communicate progress effectively across program team, including to GM and Cruise execs
- Proactively resolve issues and drive course corrections as needed - be directly involved in helping teams foresee and overcome barriers or blockers
- Negotiate any plan-of-record changes, escalating only when necessary - you *are* the escalation point for the program
- Align with other parallel programs - handoffs, resource contention, etc
- Organize and/or create appropriate program documentation and communications
- Conduct periodic retrospectives; continuously assess & improve process & tools
- 10+ years of industry experience in a fast-paced tech company, including direct management and delivery of large, technically complex product development programs
- Top-notch communications and presentation skills, from the team to executive level
- Proven ability to calmly and confidently bring clarity, order and organization to complex undertakings; ability to understand complex technical systems
- Interest and willingness to mentor more junior staff members, identify and act on opportunities to improve processes and increase efficiency
- Motivated self-starter with ability to adapt quickly and operate under ambiguity
- Technical Product Management, MBA or equivalent experience translating business needs into roadmaps, carefully-scoped requirements, engineering development & delivery plans
- Experience with data analytics and metrics-informed decision-making
- Experience with robotics, autonomous vehicles, or complex electromechanical systems
- Experience with large real-time and/or high-availability systems
- Deep & broad S/W and H/W development methodology knowledge, experience selecting and applying the best methodologies & tools to large-scale development environments (JIRA, Github, etc)
- Proven ability to influence members across the team to maximize performance, and to provide clear data & options to decision-makers
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, EE, Math, or another engineering field
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.