We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
Our Program Management Office (PMO) seeks a technical, hands-on energetic individual contributor to drive innovation in the systems, tools and processes supporting PMO and Engineering operations.
Day-to-day responsibilities may include:
- Drive the preparation of Engineering touchpoints (monthly and quarterly syncs).
- Facilitate roadmap syncs across teams and functions.
- Drive roadmap standardization.
- Drive quality of project backlogs across Engineering departments.
- Drive adoption and increase in maturity for Sprint practices.
- Maintain sponsorship from Engineering Executives for Cruise Planning & Execution initiatives.
- Maintain and coordinate the organizational Engineering Planning and Execution training program.
- Facilitate the Agile Community of Practice across our Engineering teams.
- Provide real-time support as an Agile Coach to project teams.
- Work closely with Program and Engineering leadership to design, implement and promote effective workflows, execution and supportive tooling:
- Create a roadmap for current and future Engineering and PMO process & tooling needs.
- Define standards around projects, workflows, schemes, screens, field configurations, etc in JIRA; implement smaller solutions directly and provide more complex specifications to IT admins.
- Define and enforce best practices through easy-to-follow processes, policies, and controls related to project management tooling.
- Work proactively with IT to research, recommend, test and configure helpful new tools and extensions (e.g. JIRA plugins).
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 10+ years' experience leading continuous software development process and tools improvement initiatives
- 10+ years' experience working collaboratively with global teams
- Strong JIRA proficiency
- Strong facilitation skills (team, process, and meeting)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Program Management skills
- Coaching and Process Continuous Improvement experience in Technology companies
- Management of large-scale programs managed in JIRA (e.g. JIRA Portfolio, BigPicture, Structure)
- Experience in a complex multi-disciplinary PMO supporting S/W and highly technical product development teams
- Experience with robotics, autonomous vehicles, complex electromechanical systems, real-time and/or high-availability systems
- Prior exposure to full program lifecycles, from inception and development to delivery and support
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.