We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
- Responsible for growing and developing a team of engineers
- Build systems capable of simulating millions of miles of driving every day, reporting the results, and obtaining metrics from these
- Work with Engineering Director(s) and Technical Program Managers to create and execute on a roadmap for your team
- Foster a healthy and collaborative culture, and a high output team
- Serve as an embodiment of our values
- Utilize a combination of open source and in house developed software to meet company goals
- Work with technical lead(s) to set the technical direction for the team, and anticipate strategic and scaling-related challenges
- Drive software engineering best practices both within your team, and create tooling which encourages these across the company
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 2+ years experience managing teams who support scalable production systems
- 5+ years experience in software engineering roles
- Experience building large, scalable software systems in at least one of Go, Node.js, or Python
- Expert level understanding of GCP or AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, CI/CD workflows, and security best practices
- Attention to detail and a passion for correctness
- Experience writing Go, or a desire to learn
- Experience working with Docker and Kubernetes, especially for running GPU workloads
- Experience writing modern production C++ applications
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.