We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is looking for an Inventory Control Specialist to develop and manage an inventory program for our Hardware Department. You will be responsible for ensuring that inventory is migrated, tracked, levels are maintained, and that we are optimizing our spend.
If you're interested in developing and maintaining an inventory control system for our Hardware team, let's chat!
- Track and organize physical inventory of fleet spares, retrofit parts, project components, hardware systems, and equipment
- Coordinate with stakeholders and engineers on projected hardware needs and incoming orders
- Attend planning/status update meetings as needed, for supporting functions
- Conduct inventory counts and ensure inventory levels are accurate
- Coordinate with the Vehicles team on spares and other part requests
- Manage inbound and outbound shipments, RMA’s, and special requests
- Track excess parts and coordinate with finance teams on re-use and/or disposal
- Maintain high-value and special tool asset tracking
- Grow, develop, and maintain inventory tracking platform
- Continuously make program improvements to increase efficiency
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 3+ years of inventory control experience in a technical or engineering environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding organizational skills
- In-depth experience with inventory management software tools and platforms
- Valid driver’s license
- Experience with Coupa
- Experience with ERP/MRP systems
- Sourcing custom hardware components (compute/EE)
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.