We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
Our Maintenance Planner is responsible for planning and tracking retrofits, reworks, and upgrades across the autonomous vehicle (AV) fleet. This person will work closely with engineers, project managers, and vendors to prepare for the work and with Shop Managers and Technicians who will execute the work. This person will maintain detailed schedules and records of car-by-car and project-by-project maintenance.
- Manages the master plan for all retrofits, upgrades, and rework for all AVs in order to maximize vehicle safety, increase station productivity and efficiency, and increase vehicle uptime.
- Coordinates with Cruise and GM engineering, project management, and other teams to plan for new projects.
- Ensures all resources (parts, tools, work instructions, etc.) are available, received, and adequate to complete the work.
- Works with each fleet location to assign work to Technicians and vehicles and maintains up-to-date records of availability.
- Tracks validation and completion of all work across multiple projects and locations.
- Create regular reports for leadership; building automated tracking tools is a plus.
- Must be able to identify, adjust, and prioritize multiple projects with a constant awareness of improving processes.
- Proactively identifies and escalates risks to critical deadlines.
- Coordinates project schedules and recommends appropriate lead-lag times.
- Works with project subcontractors to communicate scheduled task and schedule variances.
- Performs other duties and assignments as required.
- Qualified candidates must have a B.A. or equivalent experience.
- Two (2) years of experience working as a Planner or Scheduler, preferably for technical projects.
- Proficiency with Google suite, Microsoft suite, or similar software.
- Incredible attention to detail, organizational skills, and ability to balance multiple conflicting projects.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to understand technical and engineering topics at a high level.
- Solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including matched 401k, medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
- Lunch, snacks, and dinner
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.