We are the driverless car company. We’re building the world’s best autonomous vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us!
About the Role:
As a Senior Product Manager - Technical, you’ll help align your team around a vision for the future and lead the charge to turn that vision into reality. You’ll work hand in hand with our engineering teams and empower them to provide world class services for our team members.
In Experimentation, we deliver products that accelerate our autonomous vehicle development and deployment through specialized platforms and tools. We’re currently hiring people to work in these product areas:
- Ground Truth, which manages human-supervised data operations to train and validate our AV machine-learning technology, and produce high quality data and insights reports.
- ML Platform, which builds the underlying infrastructure that allows our developers to access, transform, store, train on, and learn from our petabyte-scale datasets.
- Simulation, which accelerates our development efforts by creating realistic simulated testing environments, to identify regressions and simulate edge cases.
- Establish a shared product vision and strategy for your product area, rooted in a deep understanding of the product domain and unmet customer needs
- Develop and execute an impact-driven product roadmap in close collaboration with technical customers, end users and senior leadership
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders across engineering, operations, AV integrity, and technical program management
- Rapidly prioritize (and re-prioritize) product offerings based on impact, including defining clear success criteria so efforts are always focused around the most impactful work
- Communicate roadmaps, priorities, experiments, and decisions clearly across a wide spectrum of audiences from internal customers to executives
- Exemplify best-in-class product development and management practices in everything you touch
- 6+ years of relevant work experience in tech-related fields
- 3+ years of product management experience delivering highly impactful and innovative products at scale
- Experience formulating and driving a principled product vision, and owning the narrative with leadership and key stakeholders
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- A natural ability to make things happen around you: a bias to action, never hesitant to roll up your sleeves and get to work
- Experience leading product development from zero to first release and beyond
- A master disambiguator, bringing simplicity and measurable results to complex, ambiguous situations in fast-moving environments
- The demonstrated ability to work independently and autonomously, with a career path that demonstrates increasing levels of responsibility
- Deep understanding and empathy for users
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or prior work experience as a software engineer
- Strong business acumen - MBA or equivalent work experience
- Prior experience in fields related to the product area
- Solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including matched 401k, medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- Lunch, snacks, and dinner
- Free rides in self-driving cars!
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.