We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the role:
The Ground Truth & Mapping Knowledge Team handles the creation and maintenance of documentation and training curriculum for Cruise’s Product Operations team, which is responsible for producing machine learning data and maps. In the role of Instructional Content Creator, you will be developing training and product documentation using a variety of written, visual, and video media for a global audience.
We're looking for qualified candidates to join us in an entry-level contract position. This position is full-time employment with our contingent workforce partner, Aerotek.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Quickly learn difficult technical concepts from multiple sources and then organize and structure that information into digestible, logical content for non-technical and ESL audiences
- Coordinate with other members of the Ground Truth and Map Ops team to understand documentation and training needs, and draft plans to meet those needs
- Assist with editing, proofreading, and providing feedback on written and visual communication for your teammates’ projects
- Assist in gathering and analyzing team metrics to help evaluate our team’s impact and effectiveness
- Seek and apply feedback on your projects from leaders, peers, subject matter experts, and the learning audience to constantly improve the impact of our work
- Tackle urgent projects outside our domain if needed
- BA/BS or 1+ years of relevant experience required
- Strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Able to quickly learn difficult or technical concepts
- Proficient in Google Suite (Slides, Docs, Sheets) or MS Office
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere Pro, Techsmith Snagit and Atlassian Confluence or similar software solutions
- Comfortable in an ambiguous and constantly changing environment; able to juggle multiple assignments and quickly adjust priorities
- Has an experimental mindset that allows for innovation & iteration and compliments our low-ego culture
- Familiar with adult learning principles
- Experience with Agile development processes (SAM, Kanban, Scrum)
- Experience with remote learning/webinar facilitation
This position is full-time employment with our contingent workforce partner, Aerotek.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you believe that you will need an accommodation, please let us know.