We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the Cruise People Organization:
Our People team develops and supports the Cruise family: individuals who are doing the best work of their careers and shaping the future. As individuals passionate about employee experience, we work to deliver appropriate solutions for employees and contribute to our culture of safety. If you are looking for an opportunity to apply your knowledge of best-in-class programs and practices and contribute to the growth of the company, leadership, and the global team, this is the team to join.
Cruise is looking for a Sr. Contingent Workforce Partner to support the Cruise Contingent Workforce Program operations teams. This role would be in daily contact with operational leads across the business to help respond to and ensure compliance with processes, policies, and best practices to meet the Cruise vision. Our ideal candidate is a highly adaptable individual who is not intimidated in the face of ambiguity, and is equal parts proactive and collaborative.
Day-to-day responsibilities Include:
- Advises and educates operations teams about contingent workforce and People policies, procedures, best practices, and expectations.
- Drives the resolution of day-to-day contingent workforce concerns, including accommodation requests, workers’ compensation issues, wage and hour matters, and other compliance issues to meet operational goals.
- Works in conjunction with Aerotek on-premise teams to support Cruise contingent workforce operations needs.
- Ensures compliance with related federal, state, and local requirements.
- Ensures accurate and consistent policy, procedure, and process application.
- Identifies policy and process gaps, vulnerabilities, and opportunities and drives solutions to resolve them.
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of People/HR generalist experience, including 2+ years of heavy employee relations experience
- 2-3 years experience managing contingent workforce relationships and processes desired
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws affecting contingent workforce management and related People/HR activities
- Experience exercising independent judgment in the application of company policies and practices to determine appropriate action or guidance
- Experience in working across various levels of an organization
- Proven project management skills with demonstrated ability to own and drive projects end-to-end
- Comfortable working through ambiguity and uncertainty in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- BA/BS or equivalent practical experience in a related field
- SPHR/SHRM-SCP or PHR/SHRM-CP certification preferred
- CCWP certification a plus
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.