We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
Our People team grows and develops the Cruise family. We find, hire, develop and support the people who are shaping the future. If you are looking for an opportunity to apply your knowledge of best-in-class programs and practices and contribute to the growth of the company, the leadership and the global team, we want to meet you.
The People Strategy team partners closely with all the HR departments to set our strategy, drive key people initiatives, and change across the company. As a key leader on the team, you will report to the Director, People Strategy & Operations. You will work closely with our People teams to set Cruise’s people strategy, develop cross-functional operational plans, identify critical success metrics for our work, and lay the groundwork for their implementation. You will also be critical in partnering with internal communications to ensure all Cruisers understand our programs and how to take part in them. We seek to build a transparent, best-in-class People function, and this person will make that a reality. We are a fast growing company and this is an opportunity to roll-up your sleeves and help the company move from strategy to execution.
- You will work closely with Cruise’s People Leadership team and other Executives to define and develop our priorities, develop scalable people programs, and help support the execution of these plans.
- You will structure and execute operational and strategic initiatives by gathering and synthesizing relevant data, leading analyses with the support of Analytics team and presenting final recommendations that will drive short- and long-term impact.
- You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to help guide initial implementation of critical plans. Including identifying priorities given budgets and headcount planning.
- You will work on developing plans, budgets and roadmaps to ensure we are delivering the right programs at the right time to the right people.
- Bachelor’s degree with strong academic performance; M.B.A. or other advanced technical degree preferred.
- 10+ years experience in management consulting, private equity, or human resources strategy or functions
- Experience leading complex, cross-functional projects with multiple partners; experience with a rapidly scaling business is a plus.
- Strong relationship-building skills and experience working closely with senior executives - the ability to develop strong working relationships with other business functions quickly, to operationalize key strategic initiatives.
- You have led a team and are collaborative by nature. Must work openly and closely with a team and across all functional areas in the company.
- You are highly analytical, good at breaking down problems and delivering actions.
- You have a low ego attitude: willing to shift from high-level critical thinking, to rolling up your sleeves and supporting implementation.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and a dynamic business landscape.
- You have a strong understanding of best-in-class HR practices across the majority of functions.
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- Healthy lunch, dinner, and snacks
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.