We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Perform architecture and system level analysis and design for RF and Mixed-mode systems.
- Perform Analog/RF and Digital Circuit analysis, design, and simulation using SPICE, SIWave, etc to meet technical specifications (i.e. TIA, high speed ADC/DAC, PLL, oscillators, etc).
- Work with PCB Designers to optimize RF characteristics of high-speed transmission lines using Ansys HFSS and HFSS 3D Layout.
- Perform EMI/EMC analysis and mitigation techniques.
- Expertise in thermal design and simulation.
- Write and review technical documentation such as SODW, specification documents, test procedures, datasheets, etc.
- Familiarity with hardware implementation of Ethernet, SPI, and JESD communication standards.
- Familiarity with Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA) and Failure Mode, Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA).
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- PhD with 3+ years, Master’s degree with 7+ years or Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years of Analog circuit design experience in the industry.
- Expertise with Ansys HFSS & HFSS 3D Layout, Altium Designer, Matlab/Python (any examples of high-speed designs and EM simulation results would be helpful)
- Expertise in RF fundamentals such as impedance matching, passive RLC and resonant circuits, noise, linearity, bandwidth and stability.
- Expertise in circuit simulation using Spice or other simulation tools.
- Proficiency with design, characterization, and modeling of electronic components (high-speed amplifiers, FPGAs, MMICs, etc)
- Proficiency of RF testing using bench-top RF equipment, including spectrum and network analyzers
- Proficiency of ADC/DAC architectures such as SAR, FLASH, Sigma-Delta, Pipelined, etc.
- Proficiency in characterization of high-speed ADC/DAC (INL/DNL, SFDR, ENOB, and SINAD, Latency, Bandwidth, Sample Rate. Etc)
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.