We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is looking for a looking for a top-notch electrical engineer to contribute to our world-class sensor programs to help our autonomous cars drive in the world around them. The ideal candidate would have experience with the design, analysis, integration, testing, and field support of advanced sensor technologies. Experience with high-speed CMOS devices, photonics, LiDAR or other electro-optical systems, DSP, or RF systems is desired.
- Contribute to team efforts as domain area expert to characterize, mature, and field advanced sensor concepts and architectures.
- Lead projects related to specific sensor programs that can range from board level design to DSP implementations.
- Develop test procedures and analysis criteria to evaluate component and system designs.
- Develop, improve, and sustain reliable device, component, and system level testing processes.
- Evaluate and develop new and novel sensor technologies and their impact on system performance.
- Perform analysis as required to support fielded systems.
- Work closely with partners and suppliers to ensure timely, effective, sensor solutions.
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with electrical hardware in a design, integration, and/or testing role
- Experience with Altium or similar software is a plus
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to deconstruct complex engineering problems and systems into manageable chunks
- High speed board design experience, ideally in an automotive or similarly harsh environment
- Experience with computer system/graphics/ISP architectures and high-speed communication standards
- Proven ability to provide technical leadership, program direction and mentorship.
- Previous experience shipping a complex system at scale, while working in a highly cross-functional, interdisciplinary engineering team
- Experience and familiarity with taking electronics products from working prototype to fielded products and through rigorous design verification processes, particularly highly regulated products.
- Experience with reliability testing and program development, DFMEA, FMEA and durability tests.
- Experience with automotive industry sensors
- Exposure to firmware design and/or real-time systems
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.