We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Working with developers, systems engineers and product managers to create test plans, automated test cases, and tools for requirements verification and product validation
- Designing creative test cases to verify, stress test, and break software running on the actual hardware
- Finding, characterizing, and managing issues through resolution on hardware and in embedded software
- Converting manual test cases to Python test cases on in-house test automation framework
- Writing internal tools to help other developers and testers use the product
- Communicating results to product owners and internal customers
- Writing tools to post-process data from test automation and other tools as needed to support development
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 1-3+ years' experience in test automation on embedded systems
- Experience with Python or other scripting languages
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or another related field
- Outstanding communication skills with team members
- Outstanding written skills to define and document test system
- Experience with automated test frameworks (e.g., Pytest, Robot Framework), Jira, svn/git, and Continuous Integration systems (e.g., Jenkins, CircleCI)
- Experience in writing and executing verification plans for medical devices, aviation, automotive, or other safety critical applications
- GitHub and git experience
- Experience developing in C, C++
Perks of being a Cruiser.
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.