We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Working with developers, systems engineers and product managers to create test plans, automated test cases, and tools for requirements verification and product validation
- Designing creative test cases to verify, stress test, and break software running on the actual hardware
- Finding, characterizing, and managing issues through resolution on hardware and in embedded software
- Converting manual test cases to Python test cases on in-house test automation framework
- Writing internal tools to help other developers and testers use the product
- Communicating results to product owners and internal customers
- Writing tools to post-process data from test automation and other tools as needed to support development
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 3+ years' experience in test automation on embedded systems
- Experience with Python or other scripting languages
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or another related field
- Outstanding communication skills with team members
- Outstanding written skills to define and document test system
- Experience with automated test frameworks (e.g., Pytest, Robot Framework), Jira, svn/git, and Continuous Integration systems (e.g., Jenkins, CircleCI)
- Experience in writing and executing verification plans for medical devices, aviation, automotive, or other safety critical applications
- GitHub and git experience
- Experience developing in C, C++
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.