We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is looking for a looking for a top-notch opto-mechanical engineer to contribute to our world-class sensor programs to help our autonomous cars drive in the world around them. The ideal candidate would have experience with the design, analysis, development, and manufacturing of opto-mechanical and electro-optical systems.
- Design and analysis of Opto-Mechanical systems, subsystems, and components for imaging and ranging optical sensor systems.
- Develop component, assembly, calibration, and test specifications and execute tests.
- Lead design verification and validation efforts.
- Define quality requirements and test criteria to produce components, assemblies, and systems.
- Develop, improve, and sustain reliable sensor testing processes through continuous integration, and automated testing.
- Evaluate and develop new and novel optoelectronic sensor technologies and their impact on system performance.
- Perform analysis as required to support fielded systems.
- Work closely with partners and suppliers to ensure timely, effective, sensor solutions.
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- BS, MS, or PhD in engineering, optics, science, or related field
- 3+ years of industry experience
- Ability to understand complex technical systems
- Ability to adapt and operate under ambiguity
- Strong technical and nontechnical communication skills
- Ability to identify and act on opportunities to improve processes and increase efficiency
- Experience working with automotive OEMs, and Tier 1 and 2 suppliers.
- Experience with ADAS or ASIL systems.
- Experience across the product life cycle from concept through manufacturing and fielded systems.
- Experience with Code V, Zemax, Stray light analysis (Lighttools or Fred)
- Experience with Mechanical Design
- Experience with analyzing data and developing tools in Matlab and Python.
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.