We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is looking for a talented Senior Mechanical Test Engineer to design and develop test and validation programs to support our Hardware R&D team. In this position you will partner with Mechanical and Electrical Engineers to identify testing needs, design tests that challenge our products, develop test methods and the equipment needed to execute them, and work closely with technicians and outside providers to execute tests and analyze data for the team. If you’re interested in breaking really cool things, let’s chat!
- Contributing to DFMEAs and identifying testing and validation needs for new designs
- Designing test methods and equipment
- Speccing and sourcing test instrumentation
- Working with technicians to set up and run tests
- Collaborating with the Mechanical and Electrical Engineering team to build testability into designs
- Documenting test results
- Own root causing of failures and driving their resolution
- Managing contract lab analyses
- Analyzing test data and recommending design changes or further testing
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- You have 5+ years of experience with test engineering with proficiency in: test development, fixture design, and data analysis
- You are great at designing fixtures and tools in Solidworks
- You are a great communicator
- You are well-organized and maintain great records
- You have a BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline or equivalent experience
- Experience in the automotive industry
- Proficiency in materials science, thermodynamics, or fluid dynamics
- Experience with LabView/Python/C/C++
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.