We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is looking for a Sr. Vehicle Technician to help us diagnose, maintain, and repair our fleet of Autonomous Vehicles. In this position, you will collaborate with Technicians in the San Francisco Market team and Engineers in our R&D team with the goal of maximizing the fleet utilization rate. If you’re interested in utilizing your experience as a technician and applying it to a growing industry that will change the future of transportation, let’s chat!
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Accurately diagnosing vehicles and creating a repair order stating the diagnosis, procedure performed, and parts required
- Maintaining and updating vehicles to keep the fleet operational while focusing on minimizing vehicle downtime
- Assisting Engineers to bring fleet up to date with current software and hardware
- Working with Engineers and operations team to optimize scheduling process for vehicle repairs
- Maintaining high standards of correct diagnoses, first-time fixes, and timeliness
- Maintaining detailed online database of vehicle issues & repair history
- Managing parts inventory levels and supply chain
- Proactively communicating key field insights related to vehicle issues to headquarters and stay up-to-date on current policies and procedures
- Conducting test drives to ensure issues have been resolved
- Performing work with safety being top priority
- Staying current on continuing education and training requirements
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- You have 5+ years of experience as a vehicle technician or equivalent automotive education, which includes some dedicated experience with EVs
- You have shown a strong aptitude to pick-up new technology
- You possess strong computer skills
- You have strong communication skills
- You have a proven track record of emphasizing safety, quality of work, and technical aptitude
- You are able to anticipate future issues and mitigate them before they become operational setbacks
- You are able to juggle numerous projects, simultaneously, with ease
- You are comfortable in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment
- You have passed multiple ASE certifications
- You are GM certified
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.