We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
Cruise’s Simulation Platform team enables AV engineers to use simulation to accelerate the development of autonomous vehicles. As a senior software engineer on this team, you will build distributed-systems to run advanced simulations at scale and create powerful analysis frameworks to inform engineers within minutes how a code change affects the AV’s behavior and identify which areas need focus. Check out this recent video where our Director of Engineering talks about how we use Google Compute platform to run these massive simulations.
- Design and implement scalable systems to support the complex engineering challenges faced at Cruise
- Build systems capable of simulating millions of miles of driving every day, and reporting the results and metrics obtained from these in a concise and easy to understand way
- Create new ways to measure and understand the results of these simulations
- Drive software engineering best practices both within your team and across the company, and create tooling which encourages these
- Ship improvements to AV development toolchain which have a measurable and direct impact on our core company metrics
- 5+ years experience building large, scalable production software systems
- Experience working with relational and non-relational databases
- Attention to detail and a passion for quality
- Passionate about self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world
- Expertise with Golang
- Experience working with Docker and Kubernetes, especially for running GPU workloads
- Experience with core GCP technologies
- Experience writing modern production C++ applications
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.