We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
Security Engineering’s Privacy team is looking for a Principal Technical Product Manager, Privacy to work on the strategy and execution of our vision for providing transparency and control tools to our users. The right candidate brings a passion for privacy, simple user experiences, operational excellence and technical rigour.
You will work collaboratively with product management, executive leadership, and security engineers to drive feature and requirement discussions, and with engineering to guide the vision through implementation. This is a highly visible position that will interact at all levels of the Cruise business throughout the development lifecycle.
- Own the product design process for the Privacy team, from discovery and definition to refinement and results
- You will develop new privacy products and improve existing ones
- You will collaborate with a large cross-functional group with members from our Security, Legal, Public Policy, Engineering, Design, Product Marketing, Research and Communications teams
- You will communicate product vision and priorities to internal and external partners
- You will provide input on proposed and upcoming privacy-related projects around the company
- Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 6+ years of experience working on privacy at a technology company
- 6+ years working on product development, either in a Product or Program Management role
- Experience driving the lifecycle of a suite of centralized privacy products, including defining the strategic vision, long-term roadmap, and driving teams to execute against that vision, i.e., responsible for the end-to-end product experience)
- Proven ability to understand core technologies utilized in the product domain. Fluent in technical alternatives/pros and cons. Ability to decompose significantly complex technical propositions into straightforward solutions.
- You have a track record of shipping end-user focused products
- You have empathy for user problems, and an ability to distill insights into the right product answer
- You have strong interpersonal skills and experience handling input from stakeholders
- Ability to solve problems directly working with Engineering teams
- Proven experience leading large cross-functional teams
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Healthy lunch, dinner, and snacks
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.