We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About our Product Design Team
The Product Design team at Cruise is a passionate group, driving the future of autonomous urban mobility. Our unique challenge is to introduce emerging AV technology to people’s daily lives with the promise of saving lives, improving the environment, and increasing accessibility. We work on a wide range of experiences, from the rideshare experience for people through software and vehicle environments, to the product tools used to remote pilot our vehicles and map the world. We seek to continue building a team of individuals as inclusive as the future we're creating, thoughtfully crafting everything from hardware and software to 3D and sound.
About the role:
As a Principal Product Designer, you will identify, drive and deliver on initiatives that have large impact and value to the company. You will be considered a leader within the entire company and your responsibilities extend beyond just the product or design to encompass overall team execution, culture, and communication.
- Identify opportunities and drive their design and execution with exceptional craft and communication.
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, researchers and fellow leaders to make strategic decisions for our products and company.
- Mentor designers around you through demonstrating intentionality in your work and behaviors.
- Evolve and help maintain our design system.
- Through feedback to others and the quality of your work, you help to raise our bar for Design at Cruise.
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- You’re committed to craft, sweat the details, and love technical challenges.
- You thrive in ambiguous environments.
- You have a proven track record of identifying, driving and delivering on initiatives that have large impact and value to the organization.
- You are an exceptional communicator; you are able to motivate others through your work and the narrative that you tell.
- Experience shipping quality designs at scale (mobile, gaming, 10-foot UI)
- Extensive knowledge of common operating systems & accessibility patterns
- Strong visual design, motion, and prototyping skills
- Ample technical knowledge to translate your designs for engineering
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Healthy lunch, dinner, and snacks
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.