We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
Privacy Engineering’s mission is to make Cruise the industry model for consumer privacy through differentiated products and services, standards in engineering, policy, and transparent communications. We are seeking a Privacy Engineer with experience in building highly scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant products and platforms in big data environment to join our Privacy Engineering effort. We are focusing on building services that give our users choice around their data, build trust, advance data privacy, and enable our business. You should be comfortable in uncharted territory as we build unique privacy technologies and grow user trust. We need your skills and enthusiasm to make it happen.
- Set the technical vision for Privacy Engineering, identify and tackle strategically important problems, create plans and build software solutions to address real world privacy concerns.
- Improve the definition of best practices and architecture with deep domain knowledge.
- Deliver on solutions that few others can, either by your own heavy lifting or the ability to orchestrate large group efforts.
- Build highly scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant services that support a high rate-of-growth.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest architectural advancements, understanding how architecture impacts privacy and security.
- Create alignment and improved collaboration within and outside the security organization.
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a similar technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 3 years of experience in a related role and experience with concepts and practices such as threat modeling, data anonymization and classification, auditing access to data, and review of requests for data access.
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Go or Python
- Code maintenance and review experience in one or more general purpose languages
- Understanding of technical privacy issues (e.g., cookie management, encryption, geolocation, machine learning, IoT privacy and security challenges), and experience with the software development lifecycle
- Knowledge and experience in approaches to securing user data and keeping it private. You have broad knowledge of integrating privacy principles in the systems and product design process.
- Patience and negotiation skills with a track record of achieving good user outcomes
- Ability to communicate across disciplines (e.g. engineering, legal, policy)
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Healthy lunch, dinner, and snacks
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.