We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
- Cruise is seeking an experienced Security Policy Specialist to join our team. This position will be responsible for understanding and supporting the design of Cruise’s organizational, procedural and technological security controls within the context of the global regulatory frameworks applicable to our business. The position will also help codify these controls in supporting documentation and explain them to internal and external stakeholders. This role requires a mix of broad, business and technical acumen, the ability to inspire and influence decisions pertaining to regulatory standards, and a polished ability to communicate with key internal stakeholders.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Assist in the development initiation, maintenance, and revision of policies, standards, procedures, work instructions, and guidelines of security programs and related activities.
- Partner effectively with the security awareness program to communicate new policies, procedures, and programs as well as any applicable standards, regulations, policies, procedures, and programs.
- Partner with internal teams to ensure policies meet the needs and goals of Cruise’s business.
- Assist in the policy lifecycle by monitoring of changes to the standards and regulatory landscape as it pertains the to the organization.
- Collaborate with other departments outside of Security Engineering (e.g., Legal, HR, Procurement, etc.) to direct policy and regulatory issues to appropriate channels for investigation and resolution.
- Provide training and awareness on security compliance regulations and standards.
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 5+ years experience in information technology, compliance, legal, data protection/privacy, and/or security
- Security certification in one of the areas listed
- Ability to develop metrics and provide analysis to measure effectiveness of programs
- Experience of one or more compliance frameworks: PCI, SSAE16/SOC2, ISO27001+, or NIST
- Experience leading large scale projects within technology based organizations
- Excellent writing skills, with experience as a writer, technical editor, or communications specialist
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and excellent documentation skills
- Self starter! - ability to identify new projects and work through completion without supervision
- Passionate about security
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.