We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role
You will leverage deep understanding of user needs to help define, design and build products that are in line with Cruise’s mission and strategy. You must be a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, agile environment – which means wearing many hats, being able to change direction quickly, and showing an eagerness to learn and introduce new technologies as the need arises. But most importantly – we need a leader that can prioritize, multi-task, and deliver, because it’s a lot more fun to get things done.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Design and create advanced tools and extensible frameworks to develop, build, test and release high-quality products quickly
- Lead and collaborate across teams, partner throughout the entire software development lifecycle with engineers at all levels
- Drive continual improvements in automated testing strategies and adoption of good design principles and coding practices (e.g. testability, maintainability and reliability)
- Enable measuring and increasing the team’s development and release velocity
- Analyze, debug and optimize large-scale distributed systems
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with one or more of the following: software design, code analysis and refactoring, testing techniques and methodologies, continuous integration and delivery
- Experience with Unix/Linux environments
- Experience with one or more of the following: cloud storage and computing, big-data processing, API design, DevOps, design/maintenance of test automation frameworks, computer networking protocols
- Understanding of good coding style and practices
- Passion for software quality, scalability and reliability
- Good communication skills, experience with working collaboratively on complex projects and influencing engineering teams
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest additions to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Annual Learning and Development stipend
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.