We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
We are looking for a talented Mechanical Engineering (ME) Manager to lead, manage, and grow the ME team in a fast-paced environment. At Cruise, we believe in managers who remain deeply technical and understand the challenges their teams are facing, even though they may not be the technical lead or testing day to day. Our managers coach their teams to success, shield their teams from distractions, and help publicly celebrate their team’s wins. In this position you will lead the development of high performance mechanical systems for autonomous driving systems computers.
Responsible for growing and developing a team of engineers working on state of the art automotive supercomputers
Responsible for ME system and subsystem development and vehicle integration that meets program timing and budget
Drive ME best practices within your team and create tools which encourage their use across the company
Conduct reviews on conceptual design, CAD, analysis (Mechanical, Thermal, etc) and validation plans to ensure high quality of work
Organize and lead cross-functional collaboration efforts with Thermal, Electrical Engineering, Embedded Systems, Test Engineering, and Manufacturing to ensure full coverage in requirements and features
Create and execute technical roadmaps for team while promoting (and living) a healthy and collaborative team culture based on Cruise values. Anticipate strategic and scaling-related challenges
- 7+ years of industry experience in mechanical engineering
- Proficiency with CAD and PDM (NX, CATIA, or equivalent)
- Experience validating complex, high volume mechanical systems
- Mix of hands-on skills and management experience in mission-critical product development environments
- Solid understanding of mechanical engineering fundamentals
- Experiences with GD&T and driving through DFM/quality issues with suppliers
- Strong cross-functional communication and collaboration
- Ability to learn quickly, starting with little information and quickly becoming an expert in your domain
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline or equivalent combination education and experience
- Experience with automotive and safety critical applications
- Experience in a regulated industry
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.