We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
We are looking for a talented Mechanical Engineering (ME) Manager to lead, manage, and grow the ME team in a fast-paced environment. At Cruise, we believe in managers who remain deeply technical and understand the challenges their teams are facing, even though they may not be the technical lead or testing day to day. Our managers coach their teams to success, shield their teams from distractions, and help publicly celebrate their team’s wins. In this position you will lead the development of high performance mechanical systems for autonomous driving systems computers.
- Responsible for growing and developing a team of engineers working on state of the art automotive supercomputers
- Responsible for ME system and subsystem development and vehicle integration that meets program timing and budget
- Drive ME best practices within your team and create tools which encourage their use across the company
- Conduct reviews on conceptual design, CAD, analysis (Mechanical, Thermal, etc) and validation plans to ensure high quality of work
- Organize and lead cross-functional collaboration efforts with Thermal, Electrical Engineering, Embedded Systems, Test Engineering, and Manufacturing to ensure full coverage in requirements and features
- Create and execute technical roadmaps for team while promoting (and living) a healthy and collaborative team culture based on Cruise values. Anticipate strategic and scaling-related challenges
What you must have:
- 7+ years of industry experience in mechanical engineering
- Proficiency with CAD and PDM (NX, CATIA, or equivalent)
- Experience validating complex, high volume mechanical systems
- Mix of hands-on skills and management experience in mission-critical product development environments
- Solid understanding of mechanical engineering fundamentals
- Experiences with GD&T and driving through DFM/quality issues with suppliers
- Strong cross-functional communication and collaboration
- Ability to learn quickly, starting with little information and quickly becoming an expert in your domain
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline or equivalent combination education and experience
- Experience with automotive and safety critical applications
- Experience in a regulated industry
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We're Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.