We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
The Data Platform team at Cruise primary focuses on building out a data lake and supporting compute on top of this lake. As a member of the team, you would be working with teams across Cruise, from AV software engineering to Data Science, to empower insights from our extensive data collections to ultimately accelerate launching an autonomous ridesharing service. We build pipelines and storage for all types of data from the dense sensor data from our cars to business data. We also provide distributed compute environments for customers throughout the company to easily run Spark jobs on top of this data.
- Build out Cruise’s data lake, handling many petabyte-scale datasets.
- Manage Cruise’s large scale compute platform, running resource intensive ML jobs and processing vast quantities of sensor data.
- Effectively participate in the team’s planning, code reviews, KPIs reviews, and design discussions leading to continuous improvements in these areas
- Collaborate with teams across the organization including AV to deliver innovative products that help improve data infrastructure
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of backend and big data experience, such as:
- Experience setting up scalable data pipelines
- Experience with relational and NoSQL datastores
- Experience building backend services
- Experience managing large scale data compute
- Strong experience in writing reliable, low-maintenance, and efficient code that may be used by many other engineers
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages (Java, Scala, Python)
- Experience with Docker or similar containerization technologies
- Experience with Kafka, Hadoop, Spark, and other data processing tools
- Experience working with AWS/GCP
- Experience working with ROS
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.