We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
The Data Process team at Cruise primary focuses on building out a platform to process petabytes of data and store them in accessible data stores such as Database, Warehouse, Key-Value store and Cache. The team also builds APIs and other access mechanisms to simplify consumption of the processed data. As a member of the team, you would be working with teams across Cruise, from AV software engineering to Data Science, to empower insights from our extensive data collections to ultimately accelerate launching an autonomous ridesharing service. We build processing pipelines for all types of data from the dense sensor data from our cars to business data. You’ll be working with some of the most exciting open source technologies (Kafka, Spark, Kubernetes, Docker, …) and cloud providers.
- Build and scale batch and stream processing pipelines using the latest open-source technologies to process petabytes-scale datasets
- Manage Cruise’s large scale processing platform, running resource intensive Spark jobs and processing vast quantities of sensor data
- Effectively participate in planning, code reviews, KPIs reviews, and design discussions leading to continuous improvements in these areas
- Collaborate with teams across the organization to deliver innovative products that help improve data infrastructure
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of backend or big data experience
- Strong experience in writing reliable, low-maintenance, and powerful code that may be used by many other engineers.
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages (Python, Java, Scala)
- Experience with Database, Kafka, Hadoop, Spark, or other data processing tools
- Experience building scalable data pipelines
- Experience working with AWS/GCP
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.