We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the role:
We're looking for a manager to join our team and help lead our IT Operations team! This team is responsible for supporting a large fleet of Mac, Linux and Windows computers while facing some interesting challenges that come along with the work Cruise is doing. Our mission is to ensure that our fellow Cruisers have the best support to help them do their best work.
- Responsible for growing and developing a team
- Work with team leads to set the technical direction for the team, and anticipate strategic and scaling-related challenges
- Lead the team to make helpdesk focused improvements to increase efficiency around the most common requests/incidents
- Follow security best practices and work with our security team to implement policies
- Experience with linux
- Manage large projects with multiple dependencies and production timeline implications
- Own projects from requirements gathering to completion
- Participate in on-boarding, training and mentoring team members
- Work with Infrastructure, Security and other teams to drive better security practices across our applications and implement solutions to increase productivity for IT and end users
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 6+ years in a hands-on technical environment providing Linux, macOS and Windows support
- 3+ years managing a team
- Experience supporting a large desktop fleet of Ubuntu endpoints
- Experience managing a team of AV Technicians (Google Meet experience preferred)
- Desire to work with commercial and open source tools to extend our world-class hybrid model
- The ability to multitask and prioritize tasks, handle and complete multiple projects effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Empathy for end users, passion for frictionless user experiences, and a pulse for the future of client engineering
- Genuine passion for IT solutions with an unbounded desire to learn.
- For this role, you'll need to be highly collaborative and customer support focused.
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.