We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the Role:
We are looking for a world-class hardware systems architect for our on-vehicle, real-time computing systems. Help us drive system level architecture decisions in software and hardware that will allow us to achieve the most suitable on-vehicle compute solution. You and your team will work closely with the latest Autonomous Vehicle (AV) software and hardware systems, and with a range of leading partners in the area of high performance computing to architect and select technologies for our AVs.
Day-to-day responsibilities of this team include:
- Develop efficient and powerful computing architectures while driving silicon cost and power targets
- Develop performance requirements based on first principle approaches and real life applications
- Optimize vehicle level data flow and IO based on SW and HW tradeoffs
- Identify opportunities in systems where consolidation or up integration is favorable
- Evaluate performance of the latest and greatest CPUs, GPUs, and Machine Learning Accelerators as pertinent to our mission needs and champion future directional development paths
- Evaluate performance of high end processor and accelerator IP
- Performance analysis for heterogeneous compute architectures and embedded solutions, including but not limited to x86 and ARM-based architectures
- Work closely with security to ensure compliance (secure boot, debug, access control, etc)
- Optimize utilization of compute resources, identify and resolve data flow bottlenecks
- Work cross-functionally between software and hardware teams
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 7+ years of experience in compute hardware or computer engineering
- 5+ years of experience with benchmarking and validating performance for complex compute architectures
- 5+ years of experience using in accelerated computing for data center/high performance computing solutions
- Experience using and handling HPC-based Enterprise computing architectures
C/C++/Python/Bash programming/scripting experience
- Familiarity with Deep Learning frameworks (TensorFlow, CUDA)
- Familiarity with autonomous vehicle software stacks
- Experience in the automotive industry
- Experience with perception algorithms/models/hardware
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.