We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is looking for an outstanding Hardware Test Engineer to help bring-up and test our next generation vehicles and sensors as well as contribute positively to our testing culture by developing sustainable and scalable test processes and methods. In this position, you will work on a multidisciplinary team and work with various stakeholders in order to gather test requirements to complete robust and thorough testing on fast-paced timelines.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Design, develop, execute, and communicate results from testing of hardware modules including sensors and systems of sensors like cameras, radars, and lidars
- Write scripts to automate testing and measurement of hardware interfaces from prototypes to production
- Maintain and manage test software for version control
- Build up and execute tests while working across multiple teams
- Continuously improve test methods
- Support and/or drive root cause analysis for failures
- Gather requirements from various stakeholders and deliver robust test data around those requirements
- Bringup of testers and manufacturing tests at contract manufacturers supporting vendor testing as needed
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- BS in Mechanical, Electrical, or Optical Engineering or related technical field
- 3+ years working knowledge of Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems and terminal based computer commands.
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose in both system and component level environments
- Strong understanding of Python and Matlab
- CAD Modeling, including, but not limited to SolidWorks
- Familiarity with Github
- Familiar with Google Cloud Storage (GCS)
- Previous experience in the automotive industry
- Experience calibrating or validating camera, lidar, radar, or other sensors
- Masters in Electrical Engineering or related technical field
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.