We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is looking for a looking for top-notch camera development engineer to productize our sensors to help our autonomous cars drive in the world around them. The ideal candidate would have a background in camera development & production or related optical-electrical/mechanical devices. The candidate should have prior experience in managing vendors to bring new products to market and should have competency in design for production, hardware design, analysis, and debugging.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with design team to produce engineering specifications for new optical products
- Evaluate the supplier base and lead the vendor selection process for new products
- Establish productive working relationships with partners and be the primary point of contact between Cruise and external partners during the development phase
- Provide design for manufacture, production, and test feedback to design team
- Generate test plans and integration documentation
- Oversee product development from initial design kickoff through design validation
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of design, manufacturing, or production experience with opto/electrical/mechanical devices
- Background in optical, electrical, mechanical, physics, or other related engineering discipline
- Prior vendor or production management experience
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to deconstruct complex engineering problems and systems into manageable chunks
- Proven ability to provide project leadership and direction
- Superb organization skills and demonstrated ability to manage fast paced development efforts of complex products
- Previous experience shipping a complex system at scale, while working in a highly cross-functional, interdisciplinary engineering team
- Understand the complexities of scaling a technically sophisticated product including: demonstrated knowledge of electrical/mechanical/optical development processes, ability to direct allocation of resources and staff, balancing technical requirements schedule and risk, and procedural and safety compliance
- Experience with cameras
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.