We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
The AV software stack heavily relies on machine learning techniques to perform variety of tasks, each with different requirements of hardware/compute resources. Throughout the life-cycle of each machine learning model, skilled ML engineers (on both training and inference sides) work closely to prepare it for a robust, scalable, and compute/power efficient inferencing on a resource-constrained hardware accelerator. Such a close working relationship is key to fast and successful deployment of intelligent systems on the car.
Cruise is looking for a Machine Learning Inference Engineer to help us deploy highly efficient machine learning models and build the most intelligent software stack for an autonomous car.
In this position, you will work closely with machine learning engineers from different AV Engineering teams (e.g. Computer Vision, Perception), covering different machine learning algorithms across the AV software stack.
If you're interested in optimizing machine learning inference on different hardware accelerators, and want to test your skills with real-world (and practical) applications in the autonomous vehicle domain, let's chat!
- Design and develop scalable and robust software for executing ML inference on the car
- Analyze, optimize and tune performance of ML models on different hardware accelerators
- Provide feedback to ML engineers about choices of operations, model architectures, and parameters
- Collaborate with cross functional agile teams of AV engineers to guide the direction of inferencing and provide requirements and feature requests for hardware vendors
- Closely follow industry and academic developments in the inferencing domain and provide performance guidelines and best practices for other ML engineers
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 2+ years of experience in the field of machine learning deployment
- Extensive experience with ML accelerators and hardware architecture
- Extensive experience with ML deployment software (e.g. TensorRT, TF Lite, etc)
- Extensive experience with standard ML frameworks like Tensorflow, Caffe, Torch
- You should be comfortable writing production-quality code in C++
- You should be familiar with performance analysis, debugging, and optimization
- MS, or higher degree, in CS/CE/EE, or equivalent in industry experience
- GPU programming (e.g. CUDA, OpenCL)
- Experience with ML deployment on edge/mobile devices
- Experience with writing robust, safety-critical code
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.