We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
Ground Truth & Mapping Operations at Cruise produces a variety of products, including annotated datasets for machine learning and detailed maps that help our vehicles navigate. We are looking for a Strategy & Operations Specialist to develop and drive strategic initiatives within our operations. This team is rapidly growing in both size and work complexity and needs an owner to analyze and forecast our spend, develop and communicate proposals for strategically valuable projects, and understand the ecosystem of products and services that could inform our work.
This role is the first of its type on our team and will have end-to-end responsibility of a critical, high-visibility function. We expect this individual to build out a team to support the function’s work. This role requires excellent analytics and communication skills as well as creativity and strategic thinking to understand a complex and nascent industry.
Day-to-day responsibilities Include:
- Identify, scope, and execute analyses to understand current state of our work and uncover areas of opportunity
- Lead the development of both short- and long-term operational and financial forecasts, working with Business and Engineering partners to understand demand for our team’s products
- Generate and articulate ideas for improving operations, gather stakeholder input and establish buy-in, and launch top ideas with appropriate teams
- Research and report on ecosystem of product and services related to our work as well as best practices in similar functions; recognize opportunities for our operations and drive new vendor and 3rd party relationships
- Craft and present both recurring and one-off updates to Cruise leadership
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of work experience, including in consulting, investment banking, business operations, or analytics
- Excellent analytical thinking - can break down problems, dig into data, and develop rigorous and quantitative arguments to inform decision-making
- Technical acumen - CS degree or experience working closely with various technical stakeholders
- Experience with managing teams and ability to hire and develop talent
- Ability to manipulate / analyze large, complex, and messy datasets
- Excellent written & verbal communications
- Ability to navigate complex organizations and collaborate with diverse stakeholders on new and ambiguous project
- Proficiency with SQL
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family's fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.