We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
We're looking for an IT Support Lead to join our team! It’s a fast-paced environment in which you’d be working on cutting-edge technologies. We need people who are organized and able to think on their feet, and who can find creative solutions to interesting problems.
- Owns the Local IT support function for Seattle acting as the Lead for the team of IT Support Staff
- Troubleshoot and resolve advanced issues with hardware, software, applications & networking
- Provide timely resolution of problems and act as escalation point for the team and customers
- Work cross-functionally and represent the team across all groups and organization levels including Legal, Security, and Purchasing.
- Own and drive IT projects and deliverables under the direction of IT leadership
- Help lead and manage A/V events, systems and support
- Maintain security standards (firewalls, patching, two-factor authentication, VPN, access)
- Handle system access and maintain user accounts, passwords, data integrity & security
- Manage relationships with vendors and 3rd party providers
- Oversee inventory, purchasing, asset management and other key processes to support IT
- Participate in interviewing, training and mentoring team members
- Provide L2/L3 escalation for network & desktop issues
- Liaison with Networking Engineering, and DevOps teams in ensuring the Infra is highly available, supported and in line with the organization requirements.
- Own technical projects and initiatives that are related to either optimizing existing infrastructure or setting up new infrastructure
- Manage third-party or external partners/vendors in rendering internal SLAs promised to stakeholders
- Custodian of IT assets, IT procurement and evaluation & procurement of new IT devices in line with the local business requirements.
- Lead the direction of the IT Operations Team toward the company-wide goals and values.
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 3+ years experience in IT Support or IT Operations in a professional environment
- Experience with support ticket management and tracking
- Outstanding customer service, problem solving and collaboration abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience communicating with vendors to manage expectations and relationships
- Extensive technical knowledge of Mac OS 10.10x, 10.11x, 10.12x, iOS and Android
- Basic knowledge of Windows 7, Windows 10
- Knowledge of network fundamentals and support experience (WiFi, VPN, printing)
- Knowledge of endpoint management tools and practices (JAMF Casper)
- Familiarity with common access/authentication systems and tools (Okta, AD)
- Experience with G Suite for Business (Gmail, GCal, GDocs, etc)
- Knowledge of video conferencing solutions (Zoom, Crestron) and support
- Experience with on-call rotation and work outside of business hours during urgent or maintenance situations
- Attention to detail and a passion for correctness
- Strong empathy while still being able to challenge that we are doing things right.
- Passionate about self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.