We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the Role:
Talent acquisition at Cruise is comprised of a collaborative and dedicated team of individuals operating in a very fast-paced environment. We're looking for Senior Technical Recruiters to help scale our growing engineering teams. We need experienced technical recruiting professionals who are motivated and driven by results, lead by example, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and have a passion for emerging technologies.
What We Do:
In AV recruiting, we help build the engineering teams focused on the research and development of autonomous vehicle technology. We help our team find talent with expertise in the complex decision-making that determines what our cars perceive in the world and how they behave on the road. We operate in the realm of Computer Vision, ML, Deep Learning and AI, 3D simulation, and software platforms which serve as the core framework for AV specific applications. We recruit for both domain specific expertise within sensor, radar and camera perception, path or behavior planning for our car, as well as software engineering professionals with practical design and development skills for large scale production systems across all of engineering.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Proactively and creatively prospect, recruit and close tough-to-fill positions for both volume and niche roles
- Own a significant req load and set the example for productivity, results, and individual drive
- Strategically plan and own a pipeline of exceptionally qualified candidates and maintain their interest throughout the entire process
- Work with other recruiters on the team and help one another reach team goals
- Work with junior recruiters on the team and mentor them as needed
- Work with engineering leads to understand their hiring needs and teach them how to maximize hiring output for their team
- Craft and distribute effective job descriptions to build a compelling pitch for qualified candidates
- Build and maintain relationships with top talent
- Stay current with technology industry trends
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 6+ years of experience as a technical recruiter in startup or high growth companies
- Appropriate level of technical knowledge to enable articulate, confident initial phone screens with engineering candidates
- Strong network of potential technical hires
- Ability to understand and relate to the startup and engineering mindset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Impeccable email and time management habits
- Ability to multitask and adapt to fast-paced work environment
- Passionate about self-driving cars and their impact on the world
- Experience with Lever and/or Greenhouse
- Experience working with external recruiters and agencies
- Relationships with research departments at top engineering graduate schools
- Experience organizing career events at universities, conferences, in-house, etc.
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.