We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
Day-to-day responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for Cruise’s Global Construction Program
- Development for the Cruise Project Delivery Center of Excellence
- Strategic oversight for planning and managing ongoing portfolio of construction projects
- Oversee cost management for all projects
- Supervises all safety, and inspection services
- Management of third party project managers and other vendors ensuring that projects are coming in on time, on budget and within scope
- Development and management of reporting and Key Performance Indicators
- Acts as owner’s representative for Cruise
- Creation and management of contracting strategies
- Development of Requirements for the purposes of contracts and work letters
- Coordination with other Cruise Workplace Centers of excellence to ensure seamless hand-offs from acquisition through operation of sites
- Coordination with Workplace Strategy, Security, EH&S and IT to integrate multiple standards and schedules into the delivery
- Maintains audit compliance and risk management policies
- Strong project management and the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Must be able to communicate concepts, procedures, and systems needed clearly to all levels of the organization.
- Formal supervision of project delivery team members. Matrixed management of other Cruise Real Estate Team members.
- Supervision of 3rd party project management contracts
- Ability to build and lead a world class project delivery team
- Possess excellent management and leadership skills and the ability to motivate and work with and through others to achieve desired results.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a team of employees, manage their success, coach/teach/train them on the requirements of the job, mentor them to be future leaders, and give feedback and corrective action as needed.
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree from 4 year college or university, or equivalent experience
- 10 + years experience in Project Delivery - experience in construction management directly supervising development projects; leading teams in the planning and performance of facilities master planning, value engineering, cost estimating, program scheduling, budgeting, permitting and construction, performing quality control and reconciling projects for project closeout and regulatory compliance.
- 5 years experience in delivering capital projects of >$20M
- Ability to solve and digest complex problems that require both qualitative and quantitative considerations
- Experience with R&D, Office, and Distribution product types.
- Experience in managing a capital plan and ability to assist with capital planning efforts via cost estimation
- Experience in creating of work letters in coordination with the transactions and legal teams
- Experience in a variety of delivery methods (i.e. build to suits, TIs)
- Ability to travel approximately 40% of the time
- MBA preferred
- Real Estate/ Brokers license preferred
- Professional Construction Management certification, Professional Engineer, Registered Architect or License in related field preferred
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family's fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.