We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
The Cruise legal team is looking for a trusted set of hands to help us keep building a world-class compliance program. In this role, you will help implement new processes, manage existing ones, and promote our deeply-rooted ethical culture as we continue to scale in size and geography. You will report to our Lead Counsel - Ethics and Compliance to execute on a mandate of building a compliance function that prioritizes accountability, transparency, and innovation. The ideal candidate will reliably support day-to-day operations while creatively building new ways of doing things better. The person must thrive in a company rapidly growing and constantly changing.
Day-to-day responsibilities Include:
- Take primary responsibility for administering our annual company-wide training campaign on core subject areas.
- Support day-to-day administration of our global ethics and compliance hotline by adding new users and managing permissions, monitoring case resolutions, and preparing reports.
- Help solidify company-wide understanding of our Code of Conduct, policies, and other guidance, including by strengthening our tracking of content across platforms and over time.
- Identify and help implement better solutions for routine processes such as anti-corruption due diligence, business courtesies, and conflict of interest disclosures.
- Collaborate and coordinate with other teams on matters such as open source software procedures, competition practices, workplace safety, and political activities reporting.
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a compliance-focused role or a role requiring the skill-sets necessary for success in this role at Cruise, as outlined above.
- Experience managing IT projects and familiarity with emerging tech-based tools relating to compliance (e.g., automated request tools, AI-based tools).
- Demonstrated knowledge of the majority of the legal areas outlined above.
- Fluency in English is required
- Displayed experience in having a proactive approach to recognizing needs, solving problems, anticipating issues and developing solutions.
- Unimpeachable trustworthiness and principled judgment.
- Experience in using Microsoft Office and GSuite for day to day work
- Experience in a regulated industry strongly preferred.
- Experience and comfort with public speaking and presentations
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family's fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.