We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About our Product Design Team
The Product Design team at Cruise is a passionate multidisciplinary group of designers, researchers, and 3D artists driving the future of autonomous urban mobility. Their unique challenge is to introduce emerging AV technology to people’s daily lives with the promise of saving lives, money, and time. With the support of General Motors, the team creates a holistic end-to-end experience of our autonomous ride-sharing platform—from the tools that train the AVs to the vehicle interiors of tomorrow. They seek to continue building a team of individuals as inclusive as the future we're creating, thoughtfully crafting everything from hardware and software to 3D and sound.
About the role:
Our Program Manager will play a key role in enabling the design team to do great work. From helping plan new projects, by working with stakeholders and gathering their requirements, to managing the work progress through the creative process to final deliverables, you will play a vital role in every project. This role will work collaboratively with designers and department leads to produce engaging, original design solutions across the spectrum of Cruise channels including: digital experiences, internal communications, social campaigns, events and more. This role requires a creative spirit and a congenial personality to elevate and engage with our team.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of multiple projects.
- Develop project roadmaps and delivery plans.
- Create clear project plans and timelines.
- Maintain intimate knowledge of design projects, and identify unnecessary complexities or potential roadblocks.
- Work with design team leadership to get clear on team capacity, project priorities, and project timelines.
- Where applicable: plan budget across project so it can be managed effectively.
- Collaborate with design team leadership to create high-level summaries of upcoming work for the month, quarter, year.
- Leverage Cruise tools to help manage workflow.
- Facilitating cross-team communications and managing relationships with external vendors and contractors.
- Run relevant sprint meetings in collaboration with design project leads.
- Attend relevant other meetings to monitor progress, answer questions, and clarify details.
- Escalate and coordinate with teams to unblock work.
- Document weekly status updates on progress towards deliverables, including identifying lagging work and monitoring project health.
- Update company planning schedule as needed.
- Monitor and flag risks, and address mitigation (where applicable)
- Ensure projects are delivered on time (and where applicable, on budget).
- Coordinate with design leadership to ensure that projects/milestones are completed and delivered on schedule.
- Communicate schedule and progress to larger company program.
You may be a good fit if you have:
- 3 or more years of project, client or agency relationship management experience
- Experience managing creative products (i.e., photo, video, design work)
- Ability to start projects and drive to completion
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple inbox activities with constant changes
- Experience with communication between design, executives, and other teams
- Google Suite experience
- Adobe Suite or similar experience
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Company-sponsored tech talks, happy hours, off-sites, and volunteer programs
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Healthy lunch, dinner, and snacks
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page