We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
The People team is passionate about humans who make robots. We are looking for a Senior Business Partner to help our Engineering teams become the most effective and engaged teams they can be.
- Quick to establish deep, trusting relationships and quickly become the go-to person for all things People strategy and execution
- An expert in talent management with a deep understanding of how to increase the rate of effectiveness of engineering individuals, teams and departments
- Swift to respond to questions, thoughtful and quick to resolve the thorniest of people challenges
- A superior teammate, working closely with other People teams to have a huge impact on the effectiveness of the Engineering groups you partner with
- Believe that you can never stop learning, and know that the best ideas can come from anyone
- A humble, and effective performance coach to your partners
- Obsessed with understanding the impact of your work; comfortable with data and VLOOKUPs, but also know the limits of measurement
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 7+ years of HR, people analytics, or Business Partner experience in the Engineering department of a rapidly scaling tech company
- Experience building partnerships with internal stakeholders and expectation setting
- Displays problem solving capabilities and judgment
- Consulting, coaching and facilitation experience
- Demonstrated project and change management skills
- Experience as HRBP of an engineering organization
- Comfortable operating in a constantly changing environment
- BA/BS required
- Experience with Greenhouse, Namely and/or Workday
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Healthy lunch, dinner, and snacks
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.