We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
We're looking for someone to join our San Francisco team as a Senior HR Generalist and help our rapidly-growing team with a wide array of human resources functions.
You will manage certain aspects of day-to-day HR and ensure that all HR processes are efficient, scalable, and meet the highest level of customer satisfaction, while providing support to other areas of the HR function. Primary functions will be compliance, benefits administration, leave administration, workers’ compensation, immigration, and employee relations.
- Provides oversight and administration of benefits and retirement program; liaises with brokers and carriers to resolve benefit related issues and serve as the benefits “expert”
- Manage and administer Leave of Absences, FMLA and ADA-related requests for accommodation
- Provides oversight of workers’ compensation claims; coordinates with insurance carrier to resolve claim and participate in incident investigation and corrective action process
- Ensures compliance with applicable labor laws or regulations by completing federal, state, and city reporting requirements
- Partner with our immigration attorneys to carry out immigration responsibilities, including visas and green card processing
- Help oversee the HR Zendesk inbox and ensure that all inquiries are responded and actioned in a timely manner with superb customer satisfaction
- Collaborate with other Generalists and broader People Team to develop and document procedures to streamline processes and implement specific processes and programs
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field or a minimum of 4 years of related experience
- Clear, proactive communicator with a high EQ
- Understanding of federal and state labor laws
- Ability to work independently and drive towards aggressive deadlines
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Thoughtfulness, flexibility and a positive attitude
- Fluent in Google Apps and MS Office, especially Excel
- Willingness to get SHRM or PHR certification, if not yet certified
- SHRM or PHR certification
- Experience with USCIS and immigration policy
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.