We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role
We are hiring Autonomous Vehicle Advisors to provide vehicular assistance and exemplary customer support before, during, and/or after driverless trips. Candidates should have strong attention to detail along with the ability to adapt on the fly to evolving situations. Professionalism and sound judgment are required at all times, as well as the ability to work in a team setting. This role will engage on projects in which certain details must be kept confidential.
This is a full-time position through our third party staffing provider. Team members will be employees of the staffing provider and have access to health benefits, 401k, and more. Pay rate starts at $23 per hour.
We are hiring for the following shifts in our San Francisco office. Shifts will require being scheduled for at least one-weekend day, including holidays:
- Evening Shift : 4:00 PM - 12:00 AM (Tues-Sat)
- Support vehicle passengers with any and all issues that might occur before, after, and/or during their ride
- Troubleshoot technical issues faced by autonomous vehicles and human passengers
- Aid our fleet of driverless vehicles in navigating their surroundings
- Write up details of scenarios requiring additional support by engineering team
- Quickly exercise a high degree of good judgment and independence
- Think on your feet and be able to handle situations which you may not have been specifically trained to address
- Maintain a helpful and calm composure in simple or difficult situations alike, while always providing first-rate customer support
- Recognize patterns and properly categorize support issues
- Complete ad hoc projects as needed
- Two years minimum of direct work experience in a customer-facing role via written and verbal modes of communication
- Ability to focus on monitoring a vehicle via software tooling
- Licensed to drive in the U.S. for at least 3 years
- Bonus points for direct work experience in a customer-facing role
- Strong oral/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Uplifting attitude and dedication to work through dynamic situations
- High attention to detail and strong execution skills
- Comfortable and experienced with software technology, including Google Suite, Confluence, and CRM tools
- Clean driving record, background check, and drug screen
- Ability to work at a Cruise assigned office
- Enthusiasm for driverless cars
- Ability to sit in a dimly lit control center for extended periods of time
- Ability to use standard issue keyboard, mouse, and screen for extended periods of time
- General Vision: Requires the ability to perceive the nature of objects by the eye.
- Near Vision Acuity: Clarity of vision at 20 inches or less.
- Field of Vision: Ability to observe an area up or down, left or right while eyes are fixed on a given point.
- Depth Perception: Three-dimensional vision. Ability to judge distance and space relationships so as to see objects where and as they actually are.
- Accommodation: Ability to adjust focus.
- Color Vision: Ability to identify colors.
- Speaking/Hearing: Ability to give and receive information through speaking and listening skills.
- Ability to use head or earphones to hear computer audio
- Able to view flashing lights on a screen without risk of seizure
- Ability to type over 50 words per minute
- Ability to keep calm and perform well under pressure
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page